Looking back on the nearly 8 years since the “Great Recession” officially came to a close, California appears to be much improved:
• We added back all of the 1.3 million lost jobs plus an additional 1.3 million on top of those;
• Unemployment has dipped below 5% for the first time in more than a decade;
• The stock market is near all-time highs across most major indices;
• Interest rates remain near historic lows for mortgages;
• The state government is currently running a budget surplus, even if it rests on a narrow b...